The official firmware Android 4.1.2 Jellybean XXELLC for Galaxy S3 is now available for download on the internet, you can right now download it and install all new jellybean on your Galaxy S3. For this we will be using Odin method which is quiet easy for normal users and we will not need any CWM recovery or anything. Previously we wrote about the XXELKC firmware for Galaxy S3 and now this new firmware XXELLC is ready for download. More after the jump -
Lets get to the tutorial now where we have put up easy steps to install Android 4.1.2 Jellybean on your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300, Please read every line carefully. This method will wipe off all your data so before heading please make a back up of all you data on galaxy S3.
-Download Odin v1.85 from here
-Download Galaxy S3 i9300 Android 4.1.2 firmware from here
- Enabling usb debugging on your phone, Here is how to.
- Make sure you have 60%+ battery on your phone.
- This is only for Galaxy S3 I9300 , Trying this on any other version will result in bricking your phone.
Steps to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 -
1. Switch off your phone.
2. Now boot it into download mode, if you dont know how to do it please hold and press the volume down + home button and simultaneously press the power button. You will see an Android robot on screen, short press power again and you will go into download mode.
3. Connect your Galaxy S3 to the computer.
4. Open Odin on your P.C and if you have successfully connected your phone, one of the boxes in Odin will get yellow.
5. Now in Odin select the files from the package you downloaded.
- Click on Phone in Odin and select the file which has “Modem” in i.
- Click on PDA and select the file which has “Code” in it.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file
- Click on CSC and select the file which has CSC in it
6. Once done, hit start button and installation will start.
It will take a little while to finish installing, once finished it will automatically restart and when it reboots you will have all new jellybean 4.1.2 XXELLC Official firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3. Incase you face any problem, don’t hesitate to comment below, We will surely help you out.