Samsung Galaxy S3 can now be updated to the latest Android jelly bean update to Android 4.2.2, The latest Custom ROM is now available to download and you can update your phone right now to Android 4.2.2. If you have the Galaxy S3 I9300 then you are at the right place, the AOSP ROM for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean of Galaxy S3 is here for you guys.
We have put together all the steps which will help you to update your i9300, And you can enjoy Android 4.2.2 Jellybean on your device. This ROM is based on CM10.1 and we have checked it on Galaxy S3, it works perfectly. Though there are some errors which are always present in Nightly build. Like Random boot loops, or some apps wont work. If you are good with these things, only then go further, as if you face any error you can go back and install stock ROM.
For the precautions, please backup all your data as this will wipe off the data from your phone and sd card so make a back up before you proceed. If you are beginner and you are trying this out, its good to tell you this you need a rooted phone to do this. Please hit a comment below if you face any problem.
So assuming you are all ready for the tutorial, we will now guide you to to install Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S3 I9300. First you need to download what you are gonna need
Update Galaxy S3 To Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean -
1. Connect your Galaxy S3 to your computer.
2. Transfer both the zip files you downloaded to the root of your device.
3. Disconnect it from the computer and turn it off.
4. Now boot it into recovery mode, to do that Press Powerbutton + Volume up button + Home button. You will see and android robot on the screen
5. In clockworkMod recovery, Wipe data first and select Install from zip card.yourtouch wont work here, scroll through volume buttons. And select from power button.
6. Select the file you downloaded first, Once done perform the same for Gapps.
When installation has finished, reboot your phone and you will have all new Jelly bean 4.2.2 on Galaxy S3.This is an unofficial ROM, to verify please go to Settings > About phone. Enjoy Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S3 I9300.
Did this help you?If not please hit a comment below explaining your problem. If yes like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google Plus.