Here it comes for the Samsung Galaxy W users! Rejoice! because they can now update there Samsung Galaxy W to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 via CM10 Alpha build 2. This is not an official update, it is a Custom ROM which is usually dubbed as Cyanogen Mod. Moreover this ROM can only be installed or flashed on a rooted Galaxy W with CWM Recovery flashed on it.
By performing the step-by-step guide given below, you will be deleting all your data which include call logs/history, SMS, messages and even Cellular Data Network setting so it is highly recommended that you backup all your personal data before proceeding further into the tutorial. Now lets begin with the tutorial but before that you must take a look at what is working and not working in this ROM.
What Is Working
- Receiving and making calls
- Proximity sensor
- USB mass storage
- HW accelerated gui
- HW accelerated video
- Wifi/USB tethering
- Vsync – you might not get full project butter experience
Disclaimer - If you don’t follow the guide accurately and don’t read the steps carefully then you might brick your phone. In that type of unfortunate case we won’t be responsible for your loss.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy W to Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- Connect your device to your PC using a USB Cable.
- Copy the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and Gapps zip file to the root of your SD Card
- Disconnect Your Phone and then Turn Off your Phone
- Boot into CWM recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Wipe the Data first or else you will brick your phone
- Now go to >flash zip from SD card>choose zip from sdcard and now select the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 zip file you downloaded
- Be patient and wait for the process to complete
- Now Repeat the Previous step by going to >flash zip from SD card>choose zip from sdcard but this time select Gapps zip file
- Once the process is complete go to ”+++++Go Back++++++” and ”Reboot System Now”
Kudos!, you have now installed Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on your Samsung Galaxy W.