The HTC Explorer has gone through some pretty popular Periods when it comes to good old stable ROMs on a cheap budget Android smart-phone. All the ROMS we have seen heretofore for HTC Explorer, undoubtedly satisfies its taste buds which are forgotten by HTC. But when I’m telling you all this, you might still feel old fashioned, or rather out of date, right? Well, its time to get rid of that feeling because, Today over here, I am going to introduce you guys to the new CM10 ROM based on Jelly Bean 4.1. Previously We have also guided you how you can install Andriod 4.0.4 ICS on HTC explorer , But today its the Latest and greatest jelly Bean.
The developers have caught up with the latest android; they were able to, and have presented a build that is to some extent stable, but as usual, some negligible bugs, that won’t take long to fix are tagged with it. However, most of the stuff works on this ROM including the special “project BUTTER” which you will come to know when you have a go through the ROM. Before Beginning the guide, let’s get a peek at what is working, and not working on this Jelly Bean ROM.
What Is Working
- Camera (stills/camcorder/panorama)
- Project butter
- Video Recording
- Hardware Acceleration
- SD Card
What Is Not Working
- Mobile Data is unstable
- Video Decoding (voices can be heard in playback)
- Voice Search
- Play Store (In some cases)
Steps to Get CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on HTC Explorer:
- Download the CM10 ROM by heading over to this to to XDA’s official thread as well as Google Apps and copy them to the root of your SD card
- Backup your existing ROM (just in case anything goes wrong)
- Backup your contacts, SMS and Call Logs
- Turn the phone off and then boot into CWM by pressing and holding Volume Down+Volume Up buttons
- Wipe out the data/ Factory reset.
- Go to, Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from sd card and install the ROM zip file and then repeat this step again but this time select the Google Apps zip file
- After the installation completes , Reboot your HTC Explorer
- Let the home screen appear and wait for it to stabilize.
You are now ready to enjoy the Jelly Bean 4.1 experience on your HTC Explorer. You might come across some bugs, as the ROM is still being worked on by the developers. But overall, a great experience for the Explorer users, especially BUTTER, and yet another treat that would keep you hushed up for some time.